Sunday, June 22, 2008

Camping supplies



{Photo by rocketlass.}

For more detail, we turn to Ogden Nash:
A Drink With Something In It

There is something about a Martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a Martini,
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth--
I think that perhaps it's the gin.
I believe that I owe it to gin to dress better in its presence than I did during the camping party at the ranch this weekend, but alas, my mid-1950s-Italo-Cuban summer casual look is still decidedly a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Does that mean you have or haven't purchased a Panama hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, no. I'm still at the stage of
    "Is it possible in this day and age to wear a light sport coat with an collared shirt and no tie without giving off a regrettable douchebag vibe?"

    I'd like to think it is . . . but I'm not completely confident yet. More research needed.

    ReplyDelete